Fried chicken makes everything better BUT perfect with the blend of korean sauce (best way to cover dry or over cooked chicken). Asian dishes pack a punch of flavour without mixing many ingredients. Best eaten as snacks or with rice as the main dish.
All You Need
- 12 chicken drumettes (Cauliflower or tofu for vegan peeps)
- Oil for frying
- Sesame seed
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Gochujang – 2 tablespoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Grated Ginger – 1 tablespoon
- 2 bird eye chilli
- Water – 4 tablespoon
- Mix the flour and cornstarch together and place in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot to medium heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the slurry flour mixture, then roll into the flour mixture. Repeat with all of the chicken pieces.
- Fry 7-8 pieces of chicken at a time for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat the process with all of the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, use a small pan to grill the garlic, ginger and chilli mix.
- Upon browning add , gochujang paste, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth. Add the water for even mixing
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Gochujang Sauce Series
Kimchi Fried Rice
Budae Jjigae @ Army Stew
Check out other food recipes here.
Subscribe to KLKN Youtube.
Disclaimer : The Watermarked photographs are owned by KLKN Views and are copyright protected. Reproduction of any of the contents, including the article and photographs without prior consent / permission, is strictly prohibited and a violation of the same will attract legal action.